"To enjoy the total pleasure of wine you have to be serious without taking things too seriously".- winemaker quote and wine club motto
The club's concept is BYO wine", so the majority of the functions are based in member's homes, a total BYO format. We jokingly refer to our meetings as "A wine mullet: Wine Business in the front, Party in the back" because we begin our meetings in an organized fashion, where we taste an ounce of wine and read information, then move on to the next wine, and so on. After that, we socialize and are free to continue drinking our favorite wines. See Meeting Schedule for full listing of regular meetings and themes.
What to bring and how to act:
(it may seem like a lot, but it's to create the best format for learning and fun...trust us!)
- Please arrive on time. The format is a seated tasting, not an "open house format".
- If you are coming alone: one bottle of wine, priced in the range listed. If you are part of a couple: either one or two bottles of wine, totaling 2 times the range listed (ie one expensive bottle or 2 priced the same or any variation is acceptable)
- Some information on the wine and or winery; a review, info from a website, etc. (more than just what's on the bottle)
- Your own wine glasses
- Your own snacks/dishes to eat them on (if you eat before, no worries)
- A pen and notepad to jot down notes (you may also download our tasting notes)
- Of course, be respectful of the host's home and belongings- throw away your trash right away, put the toilet seat down, etc.
- Please arrange safe transportation home - there's not only zero judgement for taking an Uber or Lyft, it's encouraged!
- Please RSVP ASAP, and make sure to update if your availability changes, as we limit attendance. ($5 cancellation fee if no show or cancel with less than 48 hours notice)
Questions? Check out the FAQ.